What and how information is collected
Permira may request and collect information from visitors to the sites and/or our premises, recipients of any investor communications or where you or one of our suppliers or other business partners provide your contact details in order for us to send you information about Permira, our funds or investee companies.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us. This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on the sites (or other forms that we ask you to complete), signing up to our newsletters or events, giving us a business card or CV (or similar) or corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or otherwise. It may include, for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number, fax number; information about your place and work and business relationship with Permira, and; information about your professional role, background and interests.
- Information that our website and other systems collect about you
- If you visit the sites they will automatically collect some information about you and your visit, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet and some other information such as your browser type and version and the pages on the site that you visit.
- The sites may also download "cookies" to your device – this is described in our separate cookie notice.
- If you exchange emails or other electronic communications with our employees and other staff members, our information technology systems will record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content. In the Permira Debt Management business telephone calls may also be recorded.
- Some of our premises have CCTV systems which may record you if you visit our premises, for security and safety purposes.
- Other information
- We may also collect some information from other sources. For example, if we have a business relationship with the organisation that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship.
- We may sometimes collect information from third party data providers or publicly available sources for anti-money-laundering, background checking and similar purposes, and to protect our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.